People often fear of sinusitis because it is not deadly but irritating. You have to accept to it and many even do accept. You feel like your head is bursting out and your nose is flowing like water. You’ll not be able to concentrate on any type of work and you’ll be placed in total despair. You’ll prefer to take leave rather then going to job. So what will you do next? Off course you’ll take a leave and what will you do when you have an important work and its worth a lot to complete the work! For this reason you start taking precautions and avoid getting sinusitis by not going into cold, avoiding getting wet in rain and such other precautionary methods. It is necessary that you take care and avoid such a problem that will disturb your work – I accept to your words but then what if you get it? You’ll visit a doctor and get the medicines instead why not try for home remedies?
Why is it home remedy?
Home remedies can also be named as ayurvedic medicines, generally prepared using substances available at home. So, when it comes to its importance- it doesn’t create any type of side effects except for people who are allergic to the substances used in the medicine and it increases the immunity of the body- yes! It is a slow process but it doesn’t effect in any way on your immune system whereas the medicines prescribed by the doctors are specialized with drugs affecting only to treat the sinusitis which may lead to other side effects that can’t be ignored and you may land up into another serious problem. Preferring a doctor is good but for problems like sinusitis – you can opt to homemade remedies.
1.Mixture of oils
Oils like eucalyptus, lemon and lavender are natural decongestion agents and help in reducing headaches. They are specialized with properties like anti-inflammatory, antimicrobial and antifungal.
- Take the essential oils of eucalyptus, lavender and lemon
- Mix 3 drops of every essential in a flask properly. Stir them well to mix
- Now place few drops of this mixture on your palm to massage it thoroughly n various parts of the neck, chest and forehead.
- Also, inhale in the vapors of the mixture deeply to relieve you from headache
- Follow this process several time in a day
Ginger is rich with antioxidant property and is used in ayurvedic medicine since many years. It is said to be a prominent and important homemade medicine to treat the sinus effects. It is effective in reducing the swelling, irritation and sinus infection in anal passages due to its high anti-inflammatory properties and antimicrobial properties.
- It is the same process as you prepare your tea daily, but the only changes comes is with the replacement of ginger
- Take several pieces of ginger and finely grate them
- Now, add this grated ginger to a cup of hot water
- Stir this mixture properly until it gets mixed
- Now, strain the tea to get ginger tea
- To add up the flavor, you can add a little of honey to it.
- Now, enjoy your sip of tea and to get rid of sinus.
Honey is effective in fighting against bacteria, fungi and many other viruses. It is said to be an antimicrobial agent who clears the nasal passages.
- Mix 1 tbsp of raw honey and 2 teaspoons of lemon juice in a flask or a cup
- Heat this mixture for a couple of seconds
- Consume this mixture as soon as it is heated up a little.
Maintain a good food for sinus
Food plays an important role and especially when you’re infected with sinus you need to consume fruits and fresh vegetables which are essential for your body and important to fight against the virus. If you maintain a well planned dietary and healthy food- it is you who will be benefited because the energy production in the body is through what you eat!
- Antibacterial food like garlic, ginger and onions should be a part of your food and added up little more in quantity. Even if you don’t like, you need to consume them because they are required and must in the body to fight against the sinus
- Fruits which are rich in anti-inflammatory properties like pineapple, berries, cherries, tomatoes etc should be regularly consumed.
- Teas like the green tea and other herbal teas should be consumed regularly.
- Grapefruit seed extract
It is good to fight against the infection caused due to sinusitis- it has antibacterial and antifungal properties, so most of the doctors when you consult them, they advise you to prefer grapefruit seed extract.
- Boil a cup of water and take few drops grapefruit seed extract
- Now, mix this extract into the water and inhale it.
- The best way to clear the nasal blockages and sinus infections.