Do you get short tempered for small reasons? Then, something is wrong with your habits for daily life. Seriously! You need to change it to lead a normal life. Have you ever thought to yourself that being hyper tensed guy, how much you are causing pain to your loved ones. No right? Just stand in their place and think for once what they are going through and you will come to know the pain they go through by your words. Yes, it’s true that it isn’t you but your anger seeking but who gives existence to that anger? It’s you and no one else; it’s your habits, your daily activities. You cannot just ignore them and say what happens if I continue. This will later create a problem to you when you realize that your loved ones are departing away from you.
You smoke drink- ok. Its fine, not a problem at all but what next? How you react. Are you speaking or is it someone else inside you speaking? It isn’t you really right? So have control on the habits you follow daily. There are basically two types of hypertension;
Primary (essential) hypertension
For most adults, there’s no identifiable cause of high blood pressure. This type of high blood pressure, called primary (essential) hypertension, tends to develop gradually over many years.
Some people have high blood pressure caused by an underlying condition. This type of high blood pressure, called secondary hypertension, tends to appear suddenly and cause higher blood pressure than does primary hypertension. Various conditions and medications can lead to secondary hypertension.
Reasons of hypertension;
The risk of developing high blood pressure increases as you get older
The risk of high blood pressure increases as you age. Through early middle age, or about age 45, high blood pressure is more common in men. Women are more likely to develop high blood pressure after age 65. Age causes the main risk factor as the body cells grow older its capacity to hold the blood pressure decreases. Sorry, but everything in this world as an expiry date
2.A family history of high blood pressure
Does your mom or dad have the same problem? Yes, than it’s surely your heredity problem. That means it has come to you from your ancestors and it cannot be avoided. Yes, but you can undergo processes like yogasana, consulting your doctor how to control it.
3,Being of African or Caribbean origin
High blood pressure is particularly common among blacks, often developing at an earlier age than it does in whites. Serious complications, such as stroke, heart attack and kidney failure, also are more common in blacks.
4.A high amount of salt in your food
Using excess of salt in food may also lead to many other problems like sleep disorder. Salt in moderate content is good for health but in excess it acts as a poison.
5.A lack of exercise
People who are inactive tend to have higher heart rates. The higher your heart rate, the harder your heart must work with each contraction and the stronger the force on your arteries. Lack of physical activity also increases the risk of being overweight
6.Being overweight or obese
The more you weigh the more blood you need to supply oxygen and nutrients to your tissues. As the volume of blood circulated through your blood vessels increases, so does the pressure on your artery walls.
7.Regularly drinking large amounts of alcohol and smoking
People addicted to drinking alcohol continuously and in more quantities may lead to such problems. Even for the chain smokers, it is the same problems occurring. They have a simple solution is to quit smoking and drinking.
8.Long-term sleep deprivation
Loss of sleep at night or ignoring sleep and doing heavy work at night, losing sleep causes hypertension and many other health related problems. Please don’t get addicted to lose sleep.
Medications prescribed which causes hypertension
- The combined oral contraceptive pill and steroid medication.
- Non steroid anti inflammatory drugs
- Some over-the-counter cough and cold remedies
- Some herbal remedies– particularly those containing liquorice
- Some recreational drugs– such as cocaine and amphetamines
- Some selective serotonin-noradrenaline reuptake inhibitor (SSNRI) antidepressants– such as venlafaxine.
Conditions that cause severe blood pressure:
- People who have kidney problems lead to get hyper tensed. They cannot tolerate even the smallest thing that changes around them which they dislike.
- Even diabetes causes the same problem, secretion by glands is irregular and this causes to your hypertension.
- Even if the person is suffering from long term kidney problems, the person can see that he can’t handle things for himself and undergoes hypertension
- Obstructive sleep apnoea- this is a problem where there is an insufficient amount of intake of oxygen at night. The walls of the throat relax and narrow during sleep, interrupting normal breathing. So, avoid sleeping keeping your head below the blanket.
- Glomerulonrphritis- it is the damage to the tiny filters inside the kidneys. Also if the arteries supplying to the kidneys are narrow, then cause a major break down as a result causing to stress or hypertension.
- Hormone problems- such as underactive thyroid, an overactive thyroid, Cushing’s syndrome, acromegaly. These are various hormonal problem where it leads to insufficient secretion of glands and then later leading to hypertension
- Lupus- it is the immune system condition which attacks the parts of the body such as skin, joints and organs.
- Scleroderma- a condition that causes thickened skin and sometimes problems with organs and blood vessels.