In these modern days the darkening of knees, elbows and the armpits is considered too seriously. There was a time when people wore the modest clothes and never cared about the dark skin (not a natural one) as a problem. But as days went by, the days are all about, most probably about the short dresses, casual dresses and all modern.
These days it’s all about looking much professional which you can do by maintaining yourself considering your darker knees, elbows, etc., the artificially darkened skin all along your body. Even if your natural color complexion is Black or dark, the parts of the body which have been artificially darkened are recognized soon.
As these areas of elbows, knees, armpits have a thick skin, yet delicate. Just touch these parts and feel! You feel lots of hard bones, you feel like. You remove a layer of skin and your bones may pop out. That’s what the water content in here is also less when considered to the other parts of the body. It may be due to lack of exfoliation, due to overexposure of skin to sunlight, or the friction which is caused, maybe due to the tight clothes, or kneeling down on your knees or sitting on your elbows, or due to the dirt accumulated by the environment.
There is a lot of melanin distributed in these are, its looks uneven color distribution, which really doesn’t seem good. Hence you need to keep these areas moisturized by opting the Moisturizers (look for a less chemically composed ones) else you can have remedies at home. Yeah. It may take a little longer of time, yet you’ll have healthy, carefree results.
Let’s look into some easy ways to have your knees, elbows, armpits cleaned out!
To lighten the skin tone of your knees and elbows, you can also use a homemade sugar scrub. Sugar granules help exfoliate dead skin cells and soften the skin.
Mix equal amounts of sugar and olive oil to make a thick paste.
Apply this paste on your knees and elbows and rub it around using circular motions for 5 minutes and wash it off.
Keep doing this for a month or more if you need it.
2.Turmeric , Honey And Milk
Turmeric has antiseptic properties and milk act as bleach. Honey moisturizes the dry skin and also has antiseptic properties. These natural properties of the ingredients will help to get rid of black elbows and knees.
- Mix some turmeric with milk and honey to make it a smooth paste
- Apply it on the dark areas and leave it there for at least 20 minutes
- Wet your hands and rub it for 2 minutes and then wash it off with water.
- Lemon And Honey
Lemon juice has natural bleaching property and honey moisturizes the skin preventing darkening of the skin. Repeat this remedy at least thrice a week to get better results
- Take the juice of one lemon and mix it with one tablespoon of honey
- Apply the mixture of lemon and honey on the affected areas and leave the mixture to act for at least 20 minutes
- Wash the mixture off with water to get the lightened skin.
5.Gram Flour And Lemon
Gram flour can cleanse the area and also provides mild exfoliation. Lemon is a natural bleach and this will help to reduce the darkness.
- Add some lime juice to gram flour to make it damp.
- Apply the mixture and rub in circular motion, allow it to dry and wash it off to get light colored skin.
Just like lemons, potatoes are bleaching agents too. But usually, potatoes are moisturizing and they rarely cause any skin irritations. They contain a mild portion of acid, which makes them beneficial for whitening purposes.
You can either simply rub a slice of potato, or throw it into a blender and later squeeze the juice out to apply onto your underarms.
- Baking soda
It does wonders to your underarms, knees, elbows and all these darkened skin places (never try this for a genital Ares).Baking soda is also a natural bleaching agent. But it is usually milder and does not trigger any side effects when used on skin.
- To use it for your underarms, make a thick paste out of baking soda and some water.
- Apply it onto the affected area, and leave it to dry.
- Once it dries, rinse off with lukewarm water.
It has been said that milk is equally as effective as lemons when it comes to whitening. This is because milk contains some vitamins and fatty acids that will help brighten up the tone of your skin. Simple apply some milk on your underarms and leave it on for about 15 minutes. Repeat this daily for best results.
This remedy effectively rids unpleasant odours and any dark spots found in your armpit.
- Rub some vinegar onto your underarms and leave it on for at least 10 minutes before rinsing off.
- For better results, you may try mixing some rice flour with decent portion of vinegar and then apply.
- It will help kill the bacteria and germs caused by excessive sweating.
- Gram flour
Gram flour is an incredible way to whiten any part of your body, and armpit is no exception. It can also get rid of acnes when applied on face skin. I would personally encourage you to try this remedy as it is not only effective, but also safe to try. Make a paste out of some gram flour, lemon juice and yogurt (you may also use fresh curd). Apply this onto your underarms daily and watch the magic happen!
Though natural BLACK is a Happy Colour, yet don’t allow the artificial one Damage YOU!