Acid reflux pretty is common among babies and if left unchecked it may cause to gastroeophageal reflux disease, it is a health condition which leads to poor growth of baby. You must have seen many adults come across problems like acid reflux and spit out, so as the babies do. But, in case of babies the acid reflux is not due to indigestion or any such related problem, and then what would be the problem? They are still infants so their internal organs like the esophagus, stomach are not still matured enough to take in food completely. It can be also due to regular intake of liquids which causes acid reflux. As a baby, you try to serve only liquid and this will lead to a problem. Just imagine, if you were kept only on liquid then what would be your response- so is the same scenario with the baby. They can’t express their feelings and hence it will convert into acid reflux.
When your baby reaches a certain stage and all the organs are well developed then there is no worry or to think about this problem. It is also true that if your baby has no problems like obstruction in growth or any type of health issues then you needn’t worry about your baby get problem with acid reflux. Even though you need to take care of this problem by taking these below listed precautions
It is difficult for babies to sleep when they are suffering with acid reflux and an inappropriate position of sleeping will worsen the condition for them.
It is also necessary that they should be made to go bed at the fixed time maintained and recommended by the doctor.
- The baby head should be alleviated by a little above then the ground level or the bed level with help of some towels.
- By making the baby’s head alleviated, science says that the gravitational force will not allow the food from the stomach to the esophagus.
- Making sleep your baby on the back or towards the left side is the best option to clear acid reflux
- While feeding your baby- you need to also remember that you shouldn’t feed your baby in sleeping position, instead you can make your baby sit upright on your laps and then feed.
Also, it is said by experts that you shouldn’t allow your baby to go to sleep immediately after serving but make it sure that at least 30 minutes you hold your baby up right after feeding.
Massaging regularly is very necessary for the baby to maintain a good health and avoid any type of problem related to respiratory and digestive system. It is also said that the babies are new born and require naturally available vitamins and minerals in good quantity so massage can be a good option. It is effective in stimulating Vagus nerve- present in the brain and responsible to control regions like digestive and respiratory systems.
- Make your baby sleep on the back at first
- Now, apply the warm coconut oil gently on the hands, legs, face, stomach and other parts of the body.
- Gently massage the hands, legs and rotate your hands over stomach for a number of times.
- Along with stomach, even massage the back slowly for a couple of minutes.
- Repeat the same procedure for a couple of time every week.
It is an excellent home remedy for your baby- if the baby is suffering from indigestion or acid reflux. Not just for baby, but even other members of the family can make use of it.
- Heat a cup of water and add 1 tbsp of finely crushed fennel seeds.
- To let the seeds be absorbed by water so mix it properly and stir it.
- Now, strain it and give 1 teaspoon of this tea 3 times a day regularly.
- Don’t use this fennel seed directly and strain it properly so that the leftover of the seed doesn’t cause trouble to your baby.
- It is another home remedy for treating the indigestion gas problems.
- Heat a cup of water and cumin seeds to it.
- Let it boil and then steep for couple more minutes
- Strain the mixture after 10 minutes and then allow it to cool.
It is the same process followed as those of fennel, now give about 2 teaspoons of this mixture to your baby daily.