Yoga is very ancient exercise which is been followed many of the people around the world, not just for one cause but for many other problems. People due to lack of exercise and tight schedule are unable to look after their health and this results in accumulation of fat in the thighs. It looks unattractive, especially when you’re in a party. Especially for girls-they try to compete with others about their beauty and the body, when they find that they don’t stand anywhere in front of others than it becomes a matter of shame for them. But, don’t worry there are some exercises in yoga called asana that will help you to maintain your thighs in a proper shape. For, this you need to also have a proper exercise and a perfect diet.
Virabhadrasana is beneficial to the inner thighs of the legs and it also works on the core muscles which are not much concentrated by our regular exercises. It is also beneficial because of its dual use- when we exercise, it works on both the legs at the same time and due to which more muscles can be exercised at the same time.
- Initially, stretch your legs more than your chest-width apart
- Now, rotate your right leg towards the forward direction
- Keep your left leg fixed on the same position and don’t move it, try maintaining your balance
- Now, slowly move down towards your right leg with partially bending your right leg
- Note that your right leg should be parallel to the ground.
- Hold on this position by looking forward and not looking down
- Slowly breathe in and out as you’re holding this position
- After few seconds come back to the original position and repeat the same for left leg.
This is an old and graceful posture which strengthens and stimulates the hip flexors. The entire leg muscle is stretched giving flexibility to your back and arms. It also helps you to strengthen your balance while you’re standing and balancing on one leg. It also enhances too increase the blood circulation in the body and especially in the muscles of the legs.
- Stand still on your feet, now slowly raise your left and swing it behind.
- Swing it in such a way that the right leg is parallel to the ground
- Slowly bend your left leg so that the feet touch your right arm.
- Now hold on this position and slowly bring your left arm up in forward direction and stretch it straight so that it can be visible to you
- Concentrate on the fingers in this position and slowly breathe in and out.
- After holding in this position for few seconds come back to the original position and repeat the same asana.
The inner thigh muscles are stretched perfectly and acts as hip opener. This stretched both your hips and thigh muscles such that the blood circulation and range of motion in the hips increase.
- Sit on the floor or mat by stretching your legs in forward direction
- Now, slowly fold your knees such that the palms of your leg are placed at the centre and touch each other.
- Hold your palms with both your hands and stretch the knees as much as you can.
- Hold the same position for few seconds and then release.
This exercise is basically about balancing your body on your butts. It not only stretches the muscles but it does more important job then that. If you look over, generally all the exercises are related to some part of the body and more often only to the muscles, but this asana helps you to exercise more then the organs, muscles and bones i.e. it affects prominently the core of your body.
- Sit on a mat, and stretch your legs forward balancing your body with the hands placed behind (be in a relaxed position before starting the exercise).
- Now, slowly move your legs up, making an angle of 45 degrees from the ground.
- Along with this, simultaneously try touching the legs with your hands
- As you perform this exercise- you’ll notice that you’re balancing on your butts.
- This balancing position will affect the core muscles of the stomach and other organs.
- Hold this position for few seconds by breathing in and out.
- Slowly come back to the initial position and relax.
It is a stretching exercise for your hips and increases the blood circulation in this region. It helps to even increase the balance of the legs and strengthen the muscles.
- Lie down on you back with legs stretched forward and arms placed beside the chest.
- Now, slowly lift your hips and back up off the floor
- Try holding your knees with the help of your arms
- Hold this position for several seconds and return back slowly to your original position.