Big arms can really put down your image. With a good, well maintained body if the arms are not a match to the body then it is an embarrassment. Even if it does not fit up in the slim dress it is an embarrassment. Ladies want a slim hand whereas the guys wish to have a muscular body. Exercise does not have an age limit but instead you can begin at any pint of your age as per the strength in the body. Don’t try for heavy exercises at once but for the beginners, it should be started with the warming up exercises. By starting on with the exercises, you not only reduce the fat but also develop toned arms. You will start feeling confident about yourself.
Most of the fat may be accumulated in this part of the body and the remaining part of the body is normal. You need not spend any money on gymnastics.
Just follow the given exercises and be happy doing it at work. But you need to be determined enough to do so:
1.FRONT OF UPPER ARMS (BICEPS)
There are small nerves present here. These are focused at the most because they give a look to your hands especially for gents. They are a kind of show off to guys and are very proud to have such a shape. In case for girls they don’t want a muscular but toned and slim upper arms. Below are the given steps for the exercise to be done by both men and women. Men can take up heavier weights but for women it is advised to use lighter weight.
- Choose a weight you are suitable to lift.
- Hold a weight in each hand
- Stand with your feet in line with shoulder-width apart.
- Palms of your hands should be facing forwards.
- Bend your elbows, bringing your lower arms up towards your shoulders.
- Lower your arms slowly back and with control to the starting position.
- While bringing down your hands, bring them slowly down as to make sure that your nerves are affected by the weight and a pressure builds up in them.
- ALTERNATING HAMMER CURLS
Here, the front of upper arms is only affected. Only a slight difference is you are holding it in a hammer style. This is a heavy exercise and an advice for the beginner not to start with a heavy metal but to begin a lighter weight so that your nerve doesn’t get injured. Be slow and steady; don’t rush up to get a heavy injury instead. Just follow the steps to do this workout.
- Hold a weight in each hand and stand with your feet shoulder-width apart.
- Keep your arms slightly bent and the palms of your hands facing inwards towards your body.
- Slowly bring your right arm up towards your shoulder.
- Slowly lower the weight back down
- Repeat movement with your left arm.
- Continue to alternate movement between your right and left arms.
- RESISTANCE BAND BICEPS CURL
These are resistance bands that is a type of rope which you need to keep your body stable and pull it so that your biceps are affected giving them a shape and tightening the muscles. Make sure to hold tightly and your hands be stuck to the sides.
- Place your feet on the resistance band.
- With your arms down, grab the ends of the exercise band with your hands, holding it tight. The resistance bands should not be loose they should be tight in your hands.
- Move your arms up towards your shoulders, such that you’re pulling/ stretching the bands.
- Move your arms slowly down and controlled.
You must be familiar with this exercise, generally called as dips. This exercise is normally used for all types of body development but mostly for the arms. This develops the triceps of the arms and develops the muscles of backward part of the hand. But, here instead placing your hands on the floor, you need to place it on the chair and do a different kind of push up. If you feel it difficult to do than keep your legs bent instead keeping it straight. Do as illustrated below,
- Sit on a chair or bench. With your arms straightened, place your hands on the chair/ bench next to your butt. Extend your legs straight out in front of you.
- Lift your bottom off the bench. This is your starting position.
- To do the exercise, bend your elbows and lower your butt towards the floor.
- Push up until your arms are straight again and repeat.
- TRICEPS KICKBACK
This position is basically simple and affordable by a starter to carry on. Here, the main area affected is your triceps. The muscles of the back hand are pushed to a constant kickback style.
- Kneel down on your hands and knees. Grab a weight in your right hand. Raise your right elbow until your upper arm is at the same level with your back. This is your starting position.
- Move your raised arm backwards until your hand, elbow and shoulder have formed a straight line.
- Slowly and with control bring your lower arm back down to the start position.
- Repeat one set on the right arm before switching to the left side.