4 Reasons You Should Eat Pomegranates Regularly!
Pomegranates are considered to be one of the healthiest foods on the earth. Their outer skin is reddish in color and the inner part is the fruit which are mall seeds like structures meant to be consumed and the main part of the fruit. These edible seeds are rich in fiber, vitamins, minerals and lots of bioactive plant compounds are present. The only disadvantage is that it contains sugar in huge quantity.
It’s prominently found in the Asian side and considered as one of the healthiest fruits. There are two reasons why pomegranates are considered to be one of the healthiest fruits- punicalagins and the punicic acid. These are both prominent in giving this fruit a name that is the healthiest fruit.
Pomegranates are at many times consumed as juice and here is what you find punicalagins which enables us to have powerful antioxidant. It is also available in the peel of the pomegranate which is powerful that it is meant to be the most powerful than that of the green tea and red wine. The ayurvedic medicines available on the pomegranate- you find are mostly powder is made from the peel of the pomegranate. The peel of pomegranate is rich in punicalagins, so having this reason many beauty products are made out of this.
Punicic acid is the juice of inner fruit that is the seeds. It is one of the fatty acid in the arils. It also has huge potent biological effects due to its conjugated lionelic acid type.
Due to these two substances present I the pomegranate, it is filled with various health benefits as given below
- Anti-inflammatory effects
These effects are on the chronic inflammation which is a key to many diseases like heart disease, Alzheimer’s disease, type 2 diabetes etc. as we know punicalagins, one of the substance present in the pomegranate is filled with high anti-oxidant property- this property makes it to have anti-inflammatory effects on the chronic inflammation problems. This is common among the ladies and the mid-aged people. But, by consuming pomegranates at least once or twice a week can easily get rid of this problem.
This has an effect on the digestive tract to overcome the problem and also on the cells which are responsible for developing breast cancer and colon cancer.
It is also helpful in diabetes reducing the interleukin content just by drinking the pomegranate juice twice a day. One in morning and the other in evening. You can have this juice by replacing your regular tea and you will know the difference within days.
But don’t miss the procedure of having juice as- if even one day is missed it will lead to increase in the interleukin content. If you have a problem with the inflammation, then pomegranate juice is one of the best natural remedy for your inflammation.
- Helps to fight against cancer
Prostate and breast cancers are on of the most common among men and women and pomegranate is very effective against these cancers. By, this you can understand that it is very helpful for both the genders. Developing a habit of eating pomegranates once a day is the best habit you will have developed and will keep you away from these cancers
- It reduces the PSA (Blood marker indicating prostate cancer) in men, helping to fight against prostate cancer
- If the PSA increases suddenly in a moment of time then, men with prostate cancer are at a high risk to death- so very necessary to keep this level under control.
- For this you need to consume the fruit of pomegranate or at least the juice out of it once a day.
- Pomegranate is also a great beneficial to ladies suffering from breast cancer
- It checks the breast cancer cells and doesn’t allow doubling of cancer cells
- In some situations it even kills the breast cancer cells
- Helps in joint pain relief
Listen! People suffering from joint pains at their beginning stage or if the symptoms of joint pains are observed than please consuming pomegranates- you will! After observing the below reasons;
- Anti-inflammatory effect causing remedies are used to treat arthritis by doctors- so why don’t you try it for yourself?
- Plays a key role in blocking the enzymes from damaging the joints
- This proves that the joint pain may reduce to a huge extent and the body can repair with the damaged joints.
- Risk for heart disease can be controlled
Another substance in pomegranate helps to fight against heart disease problems
- It helps to lower the triglyceride and cholesterol
- It is also helpful in controlling type 2 diabetes due to control of LDL cholesterol
Enables in protection of LDL cholesterol from oxidizing- cholesterol oxidation is the main reason for many of the heart diseases.